The migration process from an older version of the enterprise server to the Version 12 is quite simple and can be executed in a few minutes. Follow the steps below carefully to upgrade your Enterprise Server to the latest version 12:
- Install version 12 of the Enterprise Server.
- Start the Server Manager version 12 and set up the same administrator password as in the previous version.
- Stop both the server of version 12 and the server of the previous version (please stop the services, not only the server managers!).
- Copy all Databases from the directory \Passwords of the previous version, into the directory \Data\DB of version 12 (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 12\Data\DB").The databases are automatically converted from the .psw (or .psw7 etc.) format to the new .pswe format when used by the Enterprise Server.
- Copy the file pwd_svr.cfg from the program directory of the previous version into the directory \Data of version 12 (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 12\Data) to transfer the users and settings.
- Do NOT copy the file pdserver.ini into the new directory. If you have done this by mistake, edit this file and adjust the paths and port.
- Start the server of version 12. If you now log on to the Server Manager, you may have to wait a few minutes until it is available, because conversions are performed once in the background.
Note on connecting clients: The default port in version 12 is 25012.