The migration process from an older version of the Enterprise Server to version 14 is quite simple and can be executed in a few minutes.
Follow the steps below carefully in order to upgrade your Enterprise Server to the latest version 14:
- Install version 14 of the Enterprise Server.
- Start the Server Manager version 14 and set up the same administrator password as in the previous version.
- Stop both, the server of version 14 and the server of your previous version (please stop the services, not the Server Managers only!).
- Copy all Databases from the directory \Passwords (version 11 and older), or \Data\DB\ (version 12) of your previous version to the directory \Data\DB of version 14 (by default "C:\Program Files\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 14\Data\DB"). Databases will automatically be converted from the .psw (or .psw7 etc.) format to the new .pswe format when used by the Enterprise Server.
- Copy the file pwd_svr.cfg from the program directory (version 11 and older), or \Data (version 12) of your previous version to the directory \Data of version 14 (by default "C:\Program Files\AceBIT\Password Depot Server 14\Data") to transfer users and settings also.
- Do NOT copy the file pdserver.ini to the new directory. If you have done this by mistake, edit this file and adjust the paths and port.
- Start the server of version 14. If you now log on to the Server Manager, you may have to wait a few minutes until it will be available because conversions are performed in the background once.
- If you use Active Directory: After starting the Server Manager for the first time, please perform a complete resynchronization with AD (Server Manager -> Tools -> Active Directory Synchronization) to replace WinNT paths with LDAP. This process will take some time in the beginning, however, it will be much faster with all future executions.
Note on connecting clients: The default port in version 14 is 25014.