When trying to log on to the Enterprise Server with Password Depot (Client), you receive the error message "Socket Error # 10061 - Connection Refused".
If the connection is rejected, this generally means that there is no such connection on the port or it is not detected.
This can have different reasons:
- Service is not running: Make sure that the server's service is running.
- Firewall: Make sure that your firewall, both on the client and server PC, explicitly releases the client and server program files as well as the IP and port number.
- Wrong port: Make sure that you are using the correct port and that it is enabled in the firewall. By default, all major versions of the server use a different port number.
- Incorrect SSL settings: Make sure that you use the same SSL settings on both the client and the server.
- DNS errors: You can usually avoid DNS errors by specifying an IP address instead of a server name when you connect to the server.